I am a Holistic Health Practitioner certified in both Europe and California. I have a university degree in Chemistry and a PhD in Material Engineering. My passion for herbs and cooking overlaps my background as a chemist (the world’s first chemists were alchemists) and my concern for the environment and love for the planet reflects my PhD, where I searched for alternative energy sources.
Born and raised in Rome, Italy, I spent my summers on the Mediterranean Sea. The rest of the year I was surrounded by ancient monuments, winding avenues, green parks, and mouthwatering food and wine.
Before becoming a full-time Holistic Health Practitioner in San Diego, I worked as Regulatory and Medical Affairs Director of diverse multinational pharmaceutical companies while simultaneously studying and practicing holistic medicine. From these contrasting experiences, I developed a 360-degree perspective on Eastern and Western approaches to health care in the world.
I first turned to holistic medicine in 2000 after surviving a life-threatening car crash. When painkillers proved useless to alleviate the chronic pain I suffered, a friend suggested I undergo a Shiatsu massage. During those 45 minutes, I experienced substantial relief for the first time since the accident, developing a passionate interest in holistic therapies and solutions. I am a Certified Shiatsu Practitioner, and have since studied Namikoshi, Masunaga, and other Shiatsu techniques that focus on acupressure and joints.
Intrigued by the principles behind the techniques, I earned my certificate as a Holistic Health Expert in Traditional Chinese Medicine. I then founded Firefly Chi hoping to keep people happy and healthy without pharmaceutical drugs, which alleviate symptoms but fail to cure patients’ problems.
- Holistic Health Practitioner (HHP) Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy (NHI) (Encinitas, California)
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)- Healing Hands School of Holistic Health (Escondido, CA)
- Licensed Massage Therapist (CAMTC Certificate #76422)
- Certified Nutrition Consultant (CNC) – Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy (NHI) (Encinitas, California)
- Certified Clinical Master Herbalist (CCMH) – Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy (NHI) (Encinitas, California)
- Certified Clinical Aromatherapist – Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy (NHI) (Encinitas, California)
- Certified Jikiden Reiki Practitioner, Shoden (Level 1) and Okuden (Level 2) Dr. Danilychev, MD, San Diego Reiki training Center, on behalf of Jikiden Reiki Institute in Japan/Mr. Tadao Yamaguchi Jikiden Reiki Institute of Japan
- Certified Holistic Health Practitioner in Traditional Chinese Medicine-Nutrition and Herbs
Superior Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Villa Giada (Rome, Italy)