What are avocados good for?
Avocados are a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, B vitamins, fiber, and potassium. One avocado contains the amount of potassium of three bananas as well as oleic and linoleic fatty acids so they lower your total cholesterol level, decreasing your LDL and increasing HDL. Being so nutritious, avocados are satiating and can help you lose weight. Compared to other fruits, they contain little sugar.
- 450 g gluten-free, organic brown rice linguine
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup raw, organic, unsalted almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 0.2 lb pecorino cheese (0.3 lb soft tofu for the vegan version)
- 8 leaves fresh organic basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (organic, cold pressed)
- Black pepper, organic