“Firefly Girella” is a simple, versatile recipe for breakfast, appetizers, or even as a full meal depending on the stuffing you choose.
I favor two versions of this recipe: one with avocado pesto and the other with mushrooms and tofu. But once you’ve learned the basics, you can be as creative as you want.
Here’s “Avocado Pesto Girella”, my favorite version of this recipe.
What this recipe is good for . . .
Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Eggs are low in calories and provide the full range of essential amino-acids.
Parmesan cheese (seasoned 30 months) is lactose free and a great source of protein.
- 6 medium-size organic eggs
- 1 cup of grated organic Parmesan cheese (seasoned 30 months)
- 1 cup grated almonds
- 4 avocados
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spoons olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 356°F
2) Cover a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper
3) Beat eggs, add Parmesan cheese, and mix
4) Pour and distribute the egg/Parmesan mix into the tray and on the parchment paper and then bake in oven for 14 minutes
5) Put the avocado, basil, almonds, garlic, olive oil in the mixer until obtaining a cream
6) When the omelet is ready, remove from oven and wait until cold, then spread a thin layer of the avocado salsa over the omelet
7) Form a roll with your hands while delicately removing the parchment paper. Close the roll in another piece of parchment paper and put it in in the fridge for 2.5 hours
8) Cut in slices and enjoy!