What this recipe is good for . . .
Halloween chocolate cake is an easy recipe suitable for a delicious Italian breakfast or as an after-dinner dessert.
All the ingredients are naturally gluten-free, but to be 100% safe double-check the labels.
The dairy-free version uses soy yogurt, but you can also use a Greek low-fat natural yogurt. This recipe is 100% vegetarian.
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate you can consume. It is raw and much less processed than chocolate bars. Of all foods, cacao is believed to contain the highest source of antioxidants and magnesium. Raw cacao powder has more than 300 different chemical compounds, including calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, and antioxidants. These compounds offer incredible benefits, such as lowered LDL cholesterol, improved heart function, and reduced cancer risk. Essential fatty acids and proteins are also present.
Studies have shown that chocolate affects your emotions and mood by raising serotonin levels. It also releases the compound anandamide, which produces uniquely euphoric feelings of relaxation and contentment.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of soy unsweetened yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
1) Preheat the oven at 390 F
2) Mix the egg with all the other ingredients except the flour.
4) Add the flour to the mixture with a sieve and mix again.
6) As soon you have a compact semi-liquid mixture pour it in a cake baking tin.
7) Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your cake cold, and if you like, top it with whipped cream.