Here’s another simple, healthy, Mediterranean recipe with few ingredients: olive oil (extra virgin, organic, cold pressed), broccoli, garlic, basil, and almonds. Each ingredient has its own healing properties and tastes amazing.
What this recipe is good for . . .
Broccoli, despite being low in calories, is one of the most nutritive foods, especially regarding vitamin C. For vegetarians, broccoli is an excellent source of protein, vitamins K, A, and B6, magnesium, folic acid, fibers, and potassium. Broccoli has also been proven to possess anti-cancer properties.
- 450 g of gluten free brown rice organic pennette
- 2 cups raw broccoli florets
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed organic Italian olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Italian Parmesan cheese seasoned 30 months = lactose free (Vegans can leave out this ingredient)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Himalayan pink salt
1) Wash the broccoli and cut the florets.
2) Boil the florets for 5 minutes in salty water
3) Take the broccoli out of the water and wait until cold
4) Eliminate excess water from the florets and put them in the mixer with basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and almonds. Add half of the olive oil and one pinch of black pepper.
5) Mix the ingredients until you have a compact cream. If too solid, add the rest of the olive oil until the mixture is soft.
6) Put the pasta in boiling water and stir until the pasta is “al dente”
7) Mix the pasta with the pesto in a pan and stir on low fire for 3 minutes. If too dry, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
8) Enjoy your pasta!